Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Future Practical Home Entertainment Setup

I always wondered how dad manages to find his way through the behind the television cabinet. From my observations, he would patiently trace the origin of the wires to find the two ends and make sense of its existence. If you ask me, frankly, that place is as if someone spilled a plate of spaghetti and cleaned the gravy off. And when I was called to troubleshoot something, I give up almost immediately.

And that is why I vowed to never ever ever buy too many gadgets to go with the television. Things like a DVD player, VCD player, equaliser and whatnots will go into extinction in my future setup along with the multi-speaker setups. Here's what I will have in my future home entertainment set up:

1) Flat Screen HDTV (Size does matter. As big as my wallet allows)
2) Soundbar
3) Small form factor PC (to play DVD, VCD, DivX, whatever format there is on planet Earth)
4) Starhub/MIO/(insert future cable provider here) box
5) Router & Modem

There you go. The only complicated thing I see is the cable provider box which will be a small bowl of spaghetti. Couple that with the PC, and you'll get a hugeass bowl of pasta. Yes yes, some people will squirm at the thought of having a soundbar. Reason being, I'm not an audiophile and I don't believe in buying $70 gold plated audio cables. A soundbar should be decent enough.

If you still need good sound, visit Golden Village or Cathay kay!

So yeap, there it is. If you ever need help with what to get for your home entertainment, the list up there could be a good reference.

No comments: