Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, A New Direction

!HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS!

So I started this post with the typical list of events that happened in 2011 in chronological order and giving a summary of the year. Then decided to remove it all and re-do a much more focused post which reflects the outlook that I have for 2012; positive, focused, refreshing, and fulfilling.

But just to be typical for a while, let's just have a brief list of what happened in 2011:

1) I graduated with an honors degree in engineering from Nanyang Technological University
2) I applied to be a pilot in SIA and had my medical in May
3) A friend passed away in April. A real tragic loss because of the circumstances that led to his death
4) Someone close to me left
5) Grandpa passed away in July
6) I started my first day at work in PSA in July
7) I quit work in Dec
8) Met many new people

You might think that the deaths were quite a bummer. Trust me. It was. As a whole, it was quite a challenging year really. As much as I hoped that 2011 would be a good year, I have to be fair to myself and admit that it was quite a difficult one. Nevertheless, let's set our sights on 2012.

What will 2012 be like? 

For a start, it will be the make or break year for me. It is the year that will chart the rest of my life as it is during this year that I will know whether I make it and fly, or remain on the ground. Its going to be really exciting and my current state of unemployment really drowns out the true exciting moment that lay ahead pretty soon.

New Year's Resolution for www.mrwiseguyblog.com?

There's going to be a slightly different approach to blogging now. There will be a gradual shift from the usual topics as I consciously attempt to take more pictures, share more about the conversations during the day, and attempt to put my thoughts into text. Honestly, I don't know who my target audience really are, but its just great to be penning my thoughts and if my blog made your day somehow, I'm glad that it worked out that way.

No comments: