Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thankful

They say, the grass is always greener on the other side. When I see friends having a good time back home having drinks and meeting up, I can't help but start to wonder what am I doing in a foreign land and question my decision making wishing that I was back home with my loved ones.

There is a lot of negativity when it comes to being homesick. But when I start looking back to what I was doing the past year in the terminal, I was unhappy. I did not like the idea of being stuck in a 9-5 job, sitting in the same office 365 days year, being pushed around by others. I didn't like my job.

Fast forward one year, and here I am, playing with 500 million dollars worth of machinery, sitting at the controls, every piece of machinery at my fingertips. I get to travel, meet different people from different walks of life. And I honestly can say I love my job. I never thought this would be possible, but I wake up everyday with a slight jump, happy to go to work and 'play' with my toys.

Somehow everything is falling into place. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: