Friday, April 22, 2011

Jummat Khutbah Regarding Good Friday

I think today's khutbah at Masjid Assyakirin was awesome. The Imam gave some insight on Good Friday (Good Friday is a day to remember the crucification of Jesus Christ) to the jemaah after going through the mandatory scripted first khutbah. The Imam talked about Islam's view on Good Friday, which Singapore commemorates today. I can't remember the specific details, but if my memory serves me right, he was referring to verses in Surah Al-Maeda in the Holy Quran.

The messages from the Imam that I could remember most clearly was that:
  1. Nabi Isa A.S. did not die on the cross. He was saved.
  2. Nabi Isa A.S. did not preach to worship him and did not mention he was the Son of God
  3. Nabi Isa A.S. instead preached to worship the same God he was worshiping
In my opinion, I think its good to know what is the underlying cause or message that every Public Holiday brings. And to end it off, if there are inaccuracies in my understanding (according to Islam), kindly highlight to me by leaving a comment.

!!!!Enjoy your long weekend!!!!

No comments: